Thursday, December 29, 2011

"the Ferrari of bread": Soluna Brot und Öl

 Today Jessica helped me check off quite a few places on my list of places to buy food at or eat food at.

This morning, we went to Soluna Brot und Öl. It's on Gneisenaustr. in Kreuzberg, less than a mile from my apartment but somehow it took me four months to get there.  As we entered, we noticed that the big front windows were all fogged over, and we entered the steamy warm, delicious-smelling bakery. The big clay oven is front and center, and the rack of bread is off to the left with a small case of other products (salamis, cheeses, house made pesto). We got some Brötchen, which we had for lunch, two half-loaves of bread for later, and some walnut-tomato pesto.

They had a review from the New York Times in their window, link here. Chef Michael Hoffmann has called the place, "the Ferrari of bread". :) I hope to become a regular!



No comments:

Post a Comment