Friday, December 9, 2011

crazy Swedish reality TV

Okay...so I have posted before on how Americans always talk about their roots, where their family is "from," such as in the post about the American Ambassador speaking in Berlin. My theory is that we all strongly desire deep-seated traditions and since the US is such a relatively "young" country, we cling to our heritage.

One of my Swedish relatives (maybe a third cousin?) and I have been penpals since we were little girls. Now we're facebook friends, and she just tipped me off to this crazy show being broadcast in Sweden called Allt för Sverige, All for Sweden, about Americans who visit Sweden to find out more about their history.

I just watched 2 minutes of the first episode, and they show a poster for Minnesota, show Ellis Island, and some crazy Swedish-Americans getting ready to go over...wow...haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment