Tuesday, May 15, 2012

biking in Berlin - to the Freie Universität


 Monday the weather was perfect for biking: sunny but still quite cool. So I decided to bike to the FU. It takes about 45 mins with the U-Bahn, and it's a little faster by bike. It was the first time I did it, so once or twice I had to figure out exactly where I needed to go...but most of the route was residential or had bike lanes...super nice. It was also a scenic route: through Kreuzberg, Schöneberg, by the Rathaus where Kennedy spoke, through the park, by the Botanical Gardens... I really enjoyed it. And Berlin is so flat. Biking is pretty easy and fun. I haven't really been doing much long biking training for the triathlon, but I figure all of this bike commuting helps, too!
 In the photos below you can see some of the street markings for bike lanes, plus the extra little stoplight for bikers. It turns red - yellow - green (as well as the usual green - yellow - red)  so you can get your feet on the pedals and get ready to go. :)







1 comment:

  1. So schön!!! Ich wünsche dort zu sein!

    ReplyDelete