Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tour de France, part deux

Yesterday I went to an Ultimate Frisbee practice with the two American guys in my town and Johannes. It was really fun, really laid back. Ultimate is just catching on in Germany so there were a lot of Germans who had never played before. I had a great time and hope to go to more practices in the future.

Then I went out to dinner with Nabiha, Johannes, Arnaud and Sebastian. After a few apératifs at our place, we went to is a really good Italian restaurant literally right next door. Then we went into town and met my American friends and some other Germans at a bar on the square. Then we went to a disco and eventually got home from all of this at 4:00 a.m. So why not get up the next morning and go biking? :)

I actually felt really good this morning and it's gorgeous, again, so Johannes and I headed southeast towards Sarreguemines, the nearest French town. We thought we then followed the Blies River, but we were still on the Saar and heading south. So eventually we figured out where we were and then took a "shortcut" home, which ended up being really, really long. To be exact, the whole trip was 77.7 km long. yes. Very far. I'm tired. We started at 11:00 a.m., took a few breaks to take pictures, drink water, but pretty much biking for 4 hours. So we went pretty deep into France.





No comments:

Post a Comment