Thursday, February 28, 2008

Autos

I was with a friend yesterday who got a new car, and said it was actually designed for an American market. Musing on the differences between European and American cars, he said "Someone told me that Americans need so many cupholders because they spend so much time in their cars." I agreed, adding that the distances are in general bigger so we spend more time commuting and traveling by car.

Then I told him, we also have drive-through coffeeshops, which he didn´t really understand the concept of. I said, you know, like the McDonalds Drive-Thru, except for coffee. He got that. Then I said we also have drive-through banks, which he really thought was hilarious! "What? You mean you drive up to a window to do your banking? To get money out?!"

Yup, we are an unusal breed, we Americans...

No comments:

Post a Comment