Friday, October 12, 2007

Frankfurt


Since Will was flying in on Monday and I had never really seen Frankfurt the city (only the airport) I decided to go a day early and stay with Katie Henly, who is nannying for a family there. She lives in an amazing location. I got in around noon, met her at her apartment, and we walked into town for a little tour, along with another friend who had stayed with Katie the night before. We walked across the Main River and you could see the skyline of Frankfurt. The banking capital of Germany, it is always recognizable because it has skyscrapers, unlike other German cities. But what impressed me about Frankfurt is that it still has a gorgeous old city, too, and I love those contrasts. We walked around through the old part of the city, visited Goethe's birthplace and toured his home.

Katie and Annie walking between the skyscrapers.
The Opera building.

No comments:

Post a Comment